Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How Time Flies

     I cannot believe that I leave one week from today. It seems like not that long ago I got the phone call and found out I would be getting this awesome experience. During the summer, I felt like I had all the time in the world, and thought that the fall semester would take forever. Well, I was wrong. This trip has snuck up fast on me, and I couldn't be more excited. 
       I'm now in the midst of doing all my last minute preparations, including buying the last minute things I need (or may need) during my time abroad. I feel like just as soon as I think I have everything, I think of one more thing I need to get. I've been trying to think of what I need to bring with me from home and what I can get when I get there...not the easiest task! There have been a lot of moments I have thought to myself, "But what if...?" Hopefully I will have packed smart and will have all the essentials that I need to be prepared for my 5 month journey. 
     I am really getting excited to arrive in Harstad and to begin this journey. I have started to do some more research about Norway and the culture. However, while I could read all the books in the world, I don't think anything will teach me more about the culture than actually experiencing it while I'm there. I've been looking at places in Norway to visit, and started to build my "list of places to go" if I get the opportunity. One thing I'm really excited about is the whale watching safari I'm signed up to go on on January 17th! That will definitely be an experience! (Mom thinks I need to take dramamine before I go, but I'm not so sure as I've never gotten motion sick before!!) I'm also really excited about the opportunity to see some absolutely beautiful scenery, and if the real thing matched the pictures I've seen online, I know it will be some of the most beautiful sights I'll probably see in my life. 
     The nerves are starting to kick in as well, but I think my excitement is going to outweigh the nerves. I have a few more days left here at home, and then I will be going to Minneapolis. I am excited to get one more full day in Minneapolis before I leave, as it is one of my favorite places! 
     As 2014 comes to an end, I'm looking forward to the truly once in a lifetime, life-changing experience I am going to have in 2015! 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment